- Anticipate, recognize and evaluate hazards and associated risks and develop appropriate safeguarding measures.
- Conduct and utilize risk assessments to evaluate job risk factors on new and existing machinery to eliminate or reduce risk to acceptable levels.
- Conduct safety audits on construction sites, machinery and associated equipment and work with cross-functional management teams to address gaps to resolution.
- Develop and conduct safety training sessions to construction and manufacturing engineers.
- Investigate and drive for root causal factors on high potential and injury related incidents.
- Achieve effective working relationships with Occupational Health & Safety personnel and assist in resolving safety issues to closure.
- Travel is expected.
- Basic or advanced level of machine/automation control reliability safeguarding strategies, risk assessment capabilities.
- Ability to function autonomously, or in a team setting.
- Self-motivated skills to drive issues to closure with appropriate actions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to function within a manufacturing environment and work with both engineering support functions, salaried and hourly personnel.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and programs
- At least 10 years of Safety/Automation/Constructionrelated experience an asset
- Risk Assessment training, Construction safety, including the commissioning of machinery and assembly lines
- Automation safety related degree
- OSHA 30 hour training certificate. Related Auditing Course, such as ISO Auditing certificate.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.