Electrical Systems ECAD Designer - Ford
This positon is part of our Signal & Power Solutions (S&PS) segment, Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) business unit.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Systems ECAD Designer-Ford in Troy, MI. (No relocation offered).
Responsibilities & Duties:
- EDS (Electrical Distribution System) Systems Designer role on Ford Vehicle program within the Signal & Power Solutions business segment.
- Modify Logical schematics by inputting the routing, wire spec, splices, inline locations and pinouts, device connectors and pinouts to generate the physical schematics using Ford Zuken E3
- Input circuitry option tagging and harness complexity.
- Work with Systems and Design Release Engineers to confirm component placement harness routing and content is accurate on schematics.
- Participate in design reviews during all vehicle development build phases.
- Support Systems Engineer to verify compliance to customer requirements
- Generate BOM reports, HDF's, and DRC's as required in project timeline
- Ensure compliance with customer specific requirements
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- 2 year associates degree in CAE/CAD Design
- 3+ years of experience using Ford ECAD Zuken E3 tool Schematic or similar ECAD Schematic capture tools such as Mentor Graphics TransCable.
- Functional knowledge of electrical module design and wiring & power distribution.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- 3 years of related experience in Automotive ECAD Design/Ford Zuken E3.
- Experience with Electrical Distribution Systems Schematics
- Electrical Design and Release experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Paid Tuition
- Paid Time-Off (Vacation and Parental Leave etc.)
About Signal & Power Solutions:
Signal & Power Solutions reflects the growing significance of next-generation architectures with high-speed data and electrical power distribution as the foundation necessary for future mobility. We supply "the nervous system" of the vehicle, providing the complete design, manufacturing, and assembly of vehicle electrical systems. This includes wiring harnesses, connection systems and cable management solutions.
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.