Electrical Systems ECAD Designer - Ford
This positon is part of our Signal & Power Solutions (S&PS) segment, Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) business unit.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Systems ECAD Designer-Ford in Troy, MI. (No relocation offered).
Responsibilities & Duties:
- EDS (Electrical Distribution System) Systems Designer role on Ford Vehicle program within the Signal & Power Solutions business segment.
- Modify Logical schematics by inputting the routing, wire spec, splices, inline locations and pinouts, device connectors and pinouts to generate the physical schematics using Ford Zuken E3
- Input circuitry option tagging and harness complexity.
- Work with Systems and Design Release Engineers to confirm component placement harness routing and content is accurate on schematics.
- Participate in design reviews during all vehicle development build phases.
- Support Systems Engineer to verify compliance to customer requirements
- Generate BOM reports, HDF's, and DRC's as required in project timeline
- Ensure compliance with customer specific requirements
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- 2 year associates degree in CAE/CAD Design
- 3+ years of experience using Ford ECAD Zuken E3 tool Schematic or similar ECAD Schematic capture tools such as Mentor Graphics TransCable.
- Functional knowledge of electrical module design and wiring & power distribution.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite