Electrical Design and Test Engineer
We’re currently looking for an Electrical Design and Test Engineer to join our team in Farmington Hills, MI.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for project management of electronic modules to achieve program cost, quality, development timing, and delivery timing targets.
Job functions include but are not limited to:
- The electrical department is responsible for components such as meters, body control modules, light and rain sensors switches, and intelligent key systems, parking aid systems, seat and driving position memory modules, airbag control units and power back door control units.
- This position will design release and test for electrical components.
- Other responsibilities include managing budget for vehicle projects for responsible components and reporting status for cost, quality, timing; Managing supplier design and development; Supporting Nissan plant during build and SOP; Managing and reporting on cost reduction and warranty investigation activities for current production parts.
- BSEE Required.
- Prior Automotive internship or co-op experience preferred.
- General knowledge for automotive and basic knowledge of automotive electrical systems and component design.
- Microsoft Windows tool (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility. **Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.