Center for Technical Vehicle Verification Engineer
The FCA Quality organization is currently seeking a solutions-oriented Center for Technical Vehicle Verification (CTVV) Engineer to join the Quality team at the Detroit 2 Assembly Plant.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support all CTVV activities in accordance with MQGR and ASQ operating standards
- Develop and execute internal audit and layered audit programs and to ensure compliance to quality standards and procedures
- Develop and monitor internal quality metrics
- Communicate performance and corrective actions to appropriate team members
- Monitor customer (TCF, body-in-white, paint) feedback monthly and in conjunction with management team, develop actions to improve as appropriate
- Maintain supplier complaint notification system and where appropriate participate in supplier quality audits to drive improvements
- Provide leadership and guidance to quality engineering and technical personnel
- Maintaining organized document control standards
- Ensuring workforce is adhering to CVQS specifications, guidelines and standards
- Lead and engage quality engineer/technician to conduct to perform root cause analysis on vehicle problems
- Manage engineering changes working with cross-functional team to ensure timely execution, potential PER’s etc.
- Develop inspection standards and best methods for performing inspection
- Develop new inspections to capture all external defects from reaching customer
- Understand and assist in root cause of all findings within the vehicle center
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Well versed in both Microsoft and Google applications
- Effective presentation/public speaking skills
- Experience with problem solving tools
- Able to demonstrate both coaching and teaching skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability to thrive in a high-intensity environment while working on multiple projects
- Ability to work any shift including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Advanced degree
- SPC background
- Knowledge of engineering specs, standards, and build objectives
- Reactive problem solving Green Belt / Black Belt
- Manufacturing and/or quality experience
- Experience working in a union environment
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.