Industrial Demand Planning Specialist - Auburn Hills, MI
The Industrial Demand Planner (IDP) is responsible for developing and maintaining a production plan which best satisfies all markets' demand while adhering to supplier and FCA Manufacturing constraints and restrictions. The IDP works closely with the Commercial Demand Planning group to consolidate market requirements at a granular level to identify where capacity bottlenecks exist and then coordinates with the Capacity Planning group to investigate alternatives to break constraints. The IDP has the lead role in developing monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) proposals to satisfy market demand while optimizing profit and vehicle inventory (Days' Supply) for the company. The IDP works closely with Long Term Demand Planning to translate future annual production volume into monthly vehicle and market level production program. In so doing the IDP must have a solid understanding of FCA Assembly Plant work patterns including straight time and overtime production volume calculations.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Demand & Production Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, and/or Finance
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop consensus across multiple cross functional groups
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Business, Finance, Sales Operations or related field