EHS Corporate - Tanks/SPCC/Environmental Response Specialist - Sterling Heights, MI
The Corporate Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist Tank/SPCC/ER position is responsible for ensuring environmental compliance related to storage tanks, spill prevention control and countermeasures (SPCC), secondary containment, and environmental episode response planning. The Corporate EHS Specialist will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for FCA in these areas of compliance, and is responsible for monitoring regulatory changes, addressing compliance issues at FCA NA facilities, and implementing projects to assist facilities in maintaining compliance with those regulations. Additional responsibilities include managing the completion of Episode Plans (integrated contingency plan) at FCA NA facilities, managing the emergency response contractor program, the Incident Commander training program, and coordinating response actions for environmental episodes. The Corporate EHS Specialist is responsible for developing company policy, and directing operations for compliance with regulations and company policy.
The Corporate EHS Specialist position will report to the Corporate Environment Manager and be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Corporate SME for storage tank compliance including above-ground and underground tanks, process tanks, flammable/combustible liquids, hazardous waste tanks, etc.
- Corporate SME for SPCC compliance including all containment system requirements
- Implementation of Corporate capital construction projects assure facility compliance with applicable regulatory or corporate tank and SPCC requirements
- Corporate SME for planning for response to environmental spills (Episode Plan), directing response actions for environmental spills including contractor activities, reporting, etc.
- Maintenance of the trained Incident Commander list
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- Minimum of five years of environmental, engineering or related experience AND more...