2021 Manufacturing Summer Vacation Replacement - Warren, MI
The Summer Vacation Replacement (SVR) is responsible for managing multiple work teams in a fast paced, high volume unionized manufacturing environment. The SVR will be responsible for coordinating daily team activities to achieve business metrics and implementing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and processes. The SVR will be required to oversee and develop highly functioning work teams, comprised of team leaders and team members and practice the FCA Leadership Principles.
SVRs are assigned to our manufacturing facilities located throughout Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio in the following organizations: Assembly Operations; Engine and Transmission Manufacturing; Environment, Health and Safety; Industrial Engineering; Manufacturing Engineering; Material Logistics Management; and Stamping Operations. The open positions are located at the following Metro Detroit plants: Jefferson North, Sterling Heights Assembly Plant, Sterling Stamping Plant, Warren Truck Assembly Plant, and Warren Stamping.
***Please note, this is a 90 day, temporary assignment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Currently enrolled in a technical bachelor's degree program with a sophomore status or higher
- Previous manufacturing or warehouse supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Strong background in LEAN manufacturing systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.