Telematics Design Release Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
The Design Release Engineer is responsible for development, test and delivery of state-of-the-art telematics module and connected services features. The Design Release Engineer will also be responsible for managing the integration of a telematics system into specific vehicles. The Engineer will be responsible for supplier management for hardware and software releases as per the vehicle timeline. The role will include a heavy focus on implementation of quality improvements to the telematic system. This will include quality analysis of issues, leading supplier engagement, visit to customer vehicles to dive deeper into issues, and drive closure of open issues and validate software fixes.
The role requires a highly motivated and hands-on team player with an exceptional attention to detail. The role will suit an Engineer who has the ability to quickly develop skills in new areas and liaise with other engineers with the cross functional team.
- BS in electrical, computer, computer networking & security, electronics & information security, computer program & system analysis, or computer science or related engineering field from an ABET accredited university.
- 1 year of experience
- Knowledge of infotainment systems and features
- Understanding of vehicle system engineering
- Understanding with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) & Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Self-motivated with excellent program management and communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google suite of applications
- AND MORE...