Assistant Store Leader - Ann Arbor, MI
Responsible for assisting with the overall day-to-day operations of the store including continuous development of effective store associates to achieve desired sales and profit results. Assess daily the stores' ability to meet/exceed customer expectations for ease of shopping, variety, freshness, cleanliness, food safety and regulatory compliance. Assist with coaching and development of store associates through both formal and informal interactions. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist store manager and associates in the achievement of a favorable customer shopping experience
- Lead teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operating initiatives
- Work with department leaders and associates to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans to ensure implementation of plans
- Achieve/exceed weekly, period, and annual sales, wage budgets and profit budgets, and other targeted goals
- Drive sales working with department leaders to maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each store department's contribution
- Assist the store manager in the regular store-level financial performance discussions to include developing budgets and other targeted goals with store associates
- Utilize coordinators and other field staff to ensure store departments are achieving sales and profit goals and ensure implementation, and execution of division merchandising plans
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations in the surrounding area in which the store operates
- Build a proactive and productive relationship with union representatives and business agents, if the store is covered by a collectively bargaining agreement
- AND MORE...