Senior Financial Analyst - Grand Rapids, MI (Sparta Plant)
As a member of the Plant Finance Team, the Senior Financial Analyst is accountable for monitoring and tracking the progress of all Sparta and Seating Division Office Capital projects. This also includes the analyzing of P&L expenses through our Sparta location, reviewing and investigating variances, and ensuring that project assets are transferred to internal customers or placed in service when complete and ready for its intended use. This position is also responsible for Divisional Free Cash Flow reporting (CVS and direct model).
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Classifies labor, material, and overhead costs to compute cost of capital projects using dedicated systems.
- Month end analysis of Sparta P&L and distribution of costs by capital project.
- Monthly CIP Reconciliations
- Compiles management data for controlling expenditures within approved spending limits.
- Investigates project cost issues and accounts payable concerns.
- Conducts cost reviews and prepares financial reports. (Weekly program Management reviews)
- Determines and implements proper cost accounting methods and procedures.
- Ensures that capital is transferred, and intercompany transactions are completed in accordance with organization guidelines.
- Assists with periodic forecasts and annual budget process.
- Compiles information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Prepares Divisional Direct Model FCF walk as required.
- Weekly input of CVS for cash flow reporting
- Requires 4+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven Analytical, Communications and Organizational skills.