The Quoting and Forecasting Analyst role will lead the preparation and reporting of the company’s 2-year (short-term) & 7-year (long-term) business forecasts, which is presented to headquarter leadership as the basis for financial targets and investment planning. Performs with a high commitment to accuracy: data entry, analysis, maintenance, data mining, and preparation of forecast related reports and management plans for both short-term forecast and long-term sales and volume reporting. This role will also support the creation of an accurate cost model to be used as the foundation of pricing strategy and profitability analysis for customer program/project cost calculations.
Top duties or activities in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.
- Works cross-functionally and other North American locations to prepare/analyze actual results and customer demand data to accurately predict forecast volumes and pricing.
- Prepares, maintains and analyzes various reports and analysis centered on the short-term forecast, including weekly release comparison reports, monthly 2-Year sales forecasts, quarterly 7-Year sales forecast/leadership presentations, 3-month rolling sales reports, production summary reports, and other internal and external data sources.
- Assist with the integration of ERP/Forecasting systems, develop report templates, and perform training for the department and other users at other sites as applicable.
- Manage the process of monthly/quarterly updates to ensure accuracy of short/long term forecast.
- Analyzes customer short-term production, assisting with planning.
- Prepare various reports, such as OEM Inventory Summary, Build-Out Forecast, and others with an emphasis on the short-term forecast, from market data and perform analysis including trends, forecasts and status reports for management review.
- Supports the creation of an accurate cost model to be used as the foundation of pricing strategy and profitability analysis.
- Collaborates with internal teams to understand current/long-term cost for purchased components.
- Travels to other sites to understand the manufacturing process flow and associated costs
- Works with internal teams to ensure costs are included in project cost estimates.
- Supports teams in the development and implementation of common cost disclosure standards.
- Supports the collection and analysis of industry trends, market share and competitive benchmarking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, or Business.
- 3-5 years of forecasting and/or sales, previous automotive experience preferred.
- Experience with analysis of complex data and spreadsheets to understand/predict market trends.
- Ability to analyze cost details for existing products/estimate cost for new products.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), previous experience with database software preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with customers and multi-cultural teams.
- Understanding of company budgets and financial forecasts preferred.
- Ability to speak Japanese and/or Spanish is preferred.
Special Training or Competency
- Observation, understanding, and execution of applicable company ISO/TS/IATF certification standards related to the role and impact on the overall organization.
- Adaptation/Flexibility: Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/Results Driven: Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Judgment/Decision Making: Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Resource Management: Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team Work: Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.