eCommerce Merchandiser - Holland, MI
We're looking for an eCommerce Merchandiser to join our Digital Team and focus on Herman Miller eCommerce. You will partner with Merchandising, Creative, and Marketing Teams to launch and merchandise product, category, and special feature assortments on our sites. Through data-driven analysis, you'll identify opportunities to improve conversion rates and drive revenue growth across product categories. This role will focus on supporting the Herman Miller brand and report to the Director of Herman Miller eCommerce.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Assist with A/B testing set-up and execution to continuously understand customer behavior onsite.
- Assist with the QA of site enhancements.
- Collaborate with the Inventory Department to stay ahead of any inventory issues.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in site merchandising and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans to improve customer experience and conversion.
- Drive the conversion rate to deliver sales, optimizing the consumer journey across the front end of the site.
- Own the product launch process, maintain accuracy, and use this as a chance to guide site merchandising.
- Manage and create new, promotional, and/or seasonal taxonomy.
- Manage site sorting rules, search term optimization, and other commerce platform-related features that help drive conversion rate and provide a best in class retail experience.
- Optimize SEO to drive high quality search traffic.
- Recommend site improvements, updates, and changes necessary for best-in-class merchandising.
- Support the Director of eCommerce and identify potential enhancements or changes based on your knowledge of the category, industry trends, and customer behaviors.
- Understand customer feedback, analyze trends, and develop insights about buying preferences and buying patterns to optimize customers experience and drive category performance.
- Work closely with Director of eCommerce and the Merchandising Team to choose products to feature (home page, category pages, etc.).
- Work toward excellence across the site through organization and seamless go live processes.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in an eCommerce merchandising or related role
- Experience with major online platforms and their ecosystems. Salesforce Commerce Cloud experience is a plus.
- Experience working with web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics).
- An expert understanding of site taxonomies, seasonal trends in merchandise, and editorializing product for the consumer view.
- The ability to build consultative, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Passion for the customer journey and experience.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.