Secretary I - Marshall, MI
Be the “face” of MSU Extension (MSUE) in Calhoun County in a way that allows clientele, and potential clientele, to quickly and easily access Extension system information. Direct clientele to appropriate information and resources (e.g., MSUE staff, MSUE Bookstore, websites, etc.) and assist with the logistics and promotion of MSUE educational events in the county. Support MSU Extension staff in a manner consistent with delivery of Extension programs and events, and work in a manner that fosters a welcoming, inclusive environment for visitors and staff.
Researches answers for clients. Types, enters data, answers the telephone and files departmental documents in order to provide clerical assistance to faculty, staff and students.
This is a part-time (0.5 FTE) position, at 20 hours per week.
Minimum Qualifications (see full description for complete list of requirements)
- High School education with course work in business-related areas, such as typing and shorthand, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six months of experience in word processing, typing and filing.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Proficiency in use of technology (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook for mail/calendaring, spreadsheets, scheduling, virtual learning platforms, Internet browsers/web research, etc.), and ability to learn new skills.
View full description and apply through the MSU careers page. Search for posting 703051 using the Job Search field.
Application deadline is May 25, 2021.
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer, committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. Michigan State University Extension employment opportunities are open to eligible/qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status or veteran status. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodations.
The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.