GENERAL PURPOSE: Mid-size downtown Detroit Law Firm is seeking an energetic, professional individual for an entry-level position in its billing department. The successful candidate must be able to work in a collaborative environment to process firm billing to client accounts for all offices firm wide.
- Work with attorneys and legal assistants to process, distribute and edit BIMs and invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare, verify and submit electronic bills using various e-billing systems. Track and follow up to ensure that all submitted bills are accepted.
- Have direct contact with clients to expedite processing as needed.
- Facilitate resolution of billing discrepancies, research accounting records, troubleshoot and provide assistance in prevention and resolution of problems.
- Update billing information in billing system as needed.
- Distribute month-end reports.
- Assist with cost recovery and trust accounting functions.
- Track proformas and inform attorneys of missed deadlines.
- Assist with billing questions and projects.
- Email and/or mail invoices.
- Share responsibilities to sort and distribute department mail.
- Share responsibilities to answer and respond to calls received on the collection line.
- Assist with other accounting projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING:
- Law firm experience preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn new accounting software.
- Excellent computer skills a must.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred, but not required.