Accounting Supervisor - Battle Creek, MI
Character Matters: Early in our founding, we created DENSO Spirit, a set of values shared by our employees from across the globe. Centered on foresight, credibility & collaboration, it draws on the strengths of individuals who join together to become an unstoppable force for global good.
The Accounting Supervisor will provide guidance to the department and supports associates with the goal of providing superior customer service to the organization, creating accurate financial products, and ensuring payments to vendors are made timely and accurately. They are responsible for coordinating all audit activity, and creating and maintaining financial reports to present to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for general ledger maintenance, monthly financial closing, payroll, accounts analysis and reconciliation.
- Preparation of tax schedules including filing of sales tax returns and property tax returns.
- Timely and accurate financial reporting within CBM, D-cafe and Tax.
- Creates and maintains financial reports and analysis for management to review before and after close.
- Provides training, direction and mentoring to team members including their development of G&O's.
- Coordinates audit activities on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Reviews staff's work papers and account reconciliation for accuracy and timeliness.
- Leads and participates in projects in order to improve efficiencies and establish best practices.
- Works with other departments to ensure new business properly flows to the financial statements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
8 or more years of relevant experience
DENSO International America, Inc.