Purchasing Analyst - Southfield, MI
The Analyst role will support plant operations and functional purchasing activities. This role will partner with manufacturing, distribution and other cross-functional team members, to drive alignment and improvement.
- Monitors and reports performance of suppliers
- Responsible for maintaining vendor information within quality, purchasing and ERP systems
- Responsible for ensuring all discrepancies related to pricing are resolved timely
- Coordinate with supply chain to ensure clear vendor communication regarding demand and performance
- Manage price change requests, terms change requests and bank change requests
- Ensure business line objectives are met by monitoring project plans against targets
- Work with corporate indirect team to identify potential opportunities
The authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities relating to the product, process and quality system and the authority to stop further work on non-conforming suspect product until the deficiency or conditions have been corrected.
Abide by the location’s EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. Report, and if necessary stop, any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
Capable of providing any other additional support as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelors Degree
- CPM and/or CPIM certified is a plus;
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement and/or Materials Management.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Products, SAP/Oracle is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills.