Logistics Manager - Marshall, MI
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
The Logistics Manager is an active team member in leading material project improvements, inventory accuracies, and the management of excess and obsolete inventory. This position is responsible for supervising fork truck drivers, shipping & receiving docks, and DOT personnel. They are responsible for material related initiatives such as returnable packaging implementations and or inter-plant material flow initiatives. They are responsible for developing, implementing, and guiding the roll out of key metrics for the materials department as well as lead blitzes, continuous improvement initiatives, and cost reduction strategies with external teams such as freight spend reduction, MRO efficiency optimization, and 5S programs.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform this job.)
- Lead the tactical execution of the annual physical inventory
- Design and enhance the flows of inventory items from both internal and external customers.
- Lead all material flow strategic projects to include returnable implementation, freight reductions, etc.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and sustaining the use of department metrics and other associated lean initiatives
- Lead accident investigations, audits, and inventory controls for binning and negatives
- Maintain proactive shortage identification and management - help flag root causes & corrective actions.
- Identify total cost and cash flow opportunities within the materials department.
- AND MORE...